It’s nice to know how to do bass fishing whether be it as sports or just as a hobby. It’s the art of angling. Bass are sometimes difficult to fish depending on seasons. Usually, summer and spring are the most ideal for bass fishing. There are many different types or styles or techniques on how to fish them. Bass fishing is usually done in open spaces such as lakes or ponds. But the most insight that one must understand most is that practice is the most important key to the success of having a great catch in bass fishing.
The easiest, versatile and productive way in bass fishing because the bass is usually fascinated with colors at the same time when lures are in motion. They sometimes hide in shadows and debris or even those falling trees, especially on lakes or ponds. But jigs tend to still catch their attention. It’s a unique technique in the fishing bass. It’s jerky movement that seems dancing in water that was created by the jigs captures the eyes of bass that they are attracted to. They made them irritated at the same time if they are not that hungry enough to feed them.
In some ways, jigs need to be a complex of baits because these are best customized depending on a situation or season that one must have in the fishing bass in order to have a good catch. And if you’re planning to learn more about bass fishing using jigs, it’s still wise to learn more first about it and explore yourself more on doing it to become fruitful or to catch more fish. But jig fishing has its great advantage in bass fishing.
Everybody knows that jigs are also the very first artificial lure type that comes with a variety of colors and styles, with its different shapes and as well as weights that soothe best with bass fishing. So for bass, jig fishing is usually most commonly used.
There are several jig styles or techniques used in bass fishing. They are the swim jig, football jig, flipping jigs, punch jigs, finesse and casting jigs. You can use any of these styles because they are best used in bass fishing. But still depending on your location and time.
“Fast and furious jig” best implies to this swim jig technique. You can try it for bass fishing. Since bass are attracted with moving jigs, swim jig style could be perfectly used. With this, you can control the movement of the jig that made bass react in somehow because it moves quickly when it’s in the water. They attract bass so it means more fish or bass to catch. In here, you can also fight with them in a bass boat. It is most effective when its used for catching big bass. And actually, there are already many tournaments that this swim jig style won. But still, it’s up to you what would be your personal pick to use.
You could also try football jigs in fishing, this style is commonly used in summer and in winter. It is best with bigger bass and in deeper waters. It is called football jig because of its football shaped head that makes it more effective when used in bass fishing especially in deep waters with a big bass on it.
If you’re still not contented with swim or football jig style, try these flipping jigs. It is used with “snap and pop technique” these are widely used for largemouth bass. It is usually used in inactive bass because of its jig-and-pig combination.
Another style of jig fishing is by using this punch jigs. Punching in somehow bass finds so annoying. This technique usually is used in lakes with grass. The bass hides on the mats so it is the best to punch. It uses force that can make bass reveal themselves and be caught.
Bass fishing also best done with finesse jigging or by using finesse jigs. These are best used with picky bass during winter. Because size doesn’t matter when using finesse jigs.
Lastly, the casting. This is also called the old fashion way of jig fishing. It’s a lot of fun using this technique. It is also best described as cast and reel style. It is the most commonly used style in jig fishing.
After taking into consideration all the style on how to catch bass, now it’s time to take into consideration on how to go fishing in different locations. It is well known that bass fishing is usually done on lakes and ponds when it comes to open spaces for bass fishing.
Breathtaking lake bass fishing. In lakes, you could actually catch smallmouth and largemouth bass. Usually, it is best and nice to fish bass on lakes no matter what type or technique you’re using. It is also best for beginners because it is the best to place to start because of its abundant plant foods and as well as coverings such as falling trees where they could possibly hide.
Even though there are lots of tricks and techniques in bass fishing on lakes. Here are the simplest steps on how to do it with a bang! But if you’re looking for largemouth bass specifically, go for lake fishing instead. There are tips or techniques for beginners and especially with pro anglers be reminded for. However, it is much wise to start learning from the very basic on how to do it on lakes.
Tips and Tricks
- First and foremost, all you need to secure are the things that you need like the bait, rod, reel, bass boat f necessary and especially your license.
- Now it’s time to go down to the bottom of it!
- Know first the fishing condition. Consider each season where bass reacts differently even on lakes. Bass shows different habits. So that when you fish, it would be easy for you what to do or what technique or style should be use.
- Optimize your terrain. Bass fisher must know or study where bass usually hide. Bass usually hide on areas like rocky bottoms on deeper side, shallow flats, grass or fallen trees. So by knowing it all, now you know where to catch them immediately.
- Next is choosing a bass location. They usually go to shore on early mornings and drove themselves back to deeper level in the afternoon. Because bass normally likes to go deeper after feeding for shades.
- Of course, choosing right lures or jigs must also be considered. Feel the time because you are using jigs. And best use technique for this is flipping and pitching instead of casting. Usually bass hit the bait while it is moving. So it’s usual to tip the rod to maintain once in a while the movement of the jigs to attract bass or to know if the bass has gotten your bait. You can best use rubber or plastic worm lure.
- Go for the best line or the right line for you. Of course, you still have to consider the depth of the lake. As to what type of crankbait to be used. Better also think of what good bait you’ll be using. Like what type of bait to be used in shallow areas as well as in deeper depth. Always put in mind to slower your reel for the deeper lure, for the more you reel fast, the shallow your lure becomes.
- Then picking the right rod. Better use a sensitive rod here. Because bass bumps up with the blade before it bites. The shorter the rod, the more accurate it becomes to your cast. But using longer rod it can help you by giving more power to reel and move away from your cast. An ideal rod for lakes is lightweight but definitely, you should still consider and understand the place or location or spot of lake your fishing.
- Use the right technique or style too. Bass usually react more when they are hungry or irritated. It is better to place your bait on under debris or spots on lakes where they are hiding and wait to attack. Since bass are attracted to motion. Then wisely tip the rod once in a while to prolong motion to attract them more. But when using lure, it is best to let the bait reach the bottom. Then do the lifting and dropping style or retrieve the line or feel the line in order to know if there’s biting.
Bass jigging uses the very first artificial type of lure. The bass jig. These are used for the short cast. Bass jigs are also known as flipping jigs. They are best used for largemouth or even on smallmouth bass. The lighter weight is used with smallmouth ones and the heavier weights are used for largemouth bass.
Here are some tips on how to use bass jigs. First, see to it that the jig must fall straight down where your target is. Watch your line. Then cast your jig out using flipping or casting into open on a free spool and watch it till its way down.
Let’s go then on bass fishing on a pond. On a pond, it is nice to use or it is actually recommended to use the medium to heavy action or style. It is the most rewarding and exciting of all. Because big bass often catches on a pond compare even on big lakes. So if you’re dreaming or hoping to catch big fish, go for pond instead.
In fishing on a pond, better be stealthy and quiet. If you want to be luckier enough, better be quiet and stealthy. Because movement or noise can cast away or scare bass here. Just let the bait comes naturally. Remember not to run up on edge for them to see you or feel you because if you do, you might just scare them away that would mean less catch then. If you need to use a bass boat, try to use a tiny one so it can move you around but still making it quiet as much as possible and use or work with deep casting towards the shore. Choose the right kind of bait minding the depth of the pond. You could try to get to the edge and also try to use a float especially red ones and go with clear plastic float.
You can be lucky most of the time in bass fishing especially when you have the passion and talent for it as well. But in some point, bass fishing also takes or need practice too! In here, more practice means more fish and most of all more luck too to catch more bass. So good luck everyone!