Underwater fishing cameras are the most helpful tool in fishing. It helps the recreational anglers and professionals to watch a live footage of the fishes underneath the sea. With this, the anglers can identify the exact location of the fishes and catch them.
Apart from using it as a fishing aid, people love the fishing cameras because this can help them observe the marine life without diving into the water.
Nowadays, these underwater fishing cameras are available in complete sets. It includes high-resolution cameras, display screens, and other accessories.
In this article, we will discuss the 10 Best Underwater Fishing Cameras available in the market today. We’ll also tackle the tips on how to buy the right cameras for you.
- 1 Top 10 Best Underwater Fishing Cameras
- 1.1 Anysun 1/3 Inch SONY CCD Underwater Fishing Camera
- 1.2 Aqua-Vu AV715c Underwater Fishing Camera
- 1.3 Boblov Underwater Fishing Video Camera
- 1.4 Eyoyo Underwater Fishing Video Camera
- 1.5 Gobing Fishing Finder
- 1.6 Innobay Professional Underwater Fishing Video Camera
- 1.7 Marcum VS825SD Underwater Fishing Camera with an 8-inch screen
- 1.8 PowMax Underwater WW-10 Fishing Camera
- 1.9 Vexilar FS800 Fish Scout Underwater Camera
- 1.10 Wosports Underwater Fishing Video Camera
- 2 Final Words: Tips in Choosing the Right Underwater Fishing Cameras
Top 10 Best Underwater Fishing Cameras
Anysun 1/3 Inch SONY CCD Underwater Fishing Camera
The first product in this list is the Anysun 1/3 inch SONY CCD Underwater Fishing Camera. Here are its features:
- Sony CCD 1,000 Tv lines HD Video Camera with a 360-degree view and on-the-screen display (OSD) menu.
- Remote control fish finder camera
- 14 times high-power white lights
- 10 hours continuous battery life
- 7″ TFT color monitor
- Sunscreen/ protector of the monitor
- Cold-resistant, pull-resistant, and waterproof 20-meter cable.
- The camera is housed inside a metal cover case.
This product is good for monitoring the aquaculture, fishing exploration, ice fishing, open fishing, and lake fishing. The package includes 7 inches color TFT LCD monitor, underwater camera with 20 meters cable, DC lithium battery, charger, suitcase, and a remote control box.
The product dimension is 6.5″ x 12.99″ x 15.51″ and it weighs about 10.35 pounds only.
Disadvantages of using the Anysun 1/3″ Sony CCD Underwater Fishing Camera
The product does not include RCA and VGA jack but it can be purchased separately at other local shops. Second, the product does not work best in murky water and lastly, the instruction is incomplete according to some customers.
Aqua-Vu AV715c Underwater Fishing Camera
The Aqua-Vu company has been creating underwater fishing cameras for almost 10 years. Recreational anglers and professionals have been using the Aqua-Vu products for ice fishing or open water fishing. The company is based in Minnesota however, they ship their products in other parts of the United States.
One of their underwater fishing cameras included in the 700 series is the AV715c. The company takes pride that this camera is the most affordable underwater fishing camera ever built!
Features of the Aqua-Vu AV715c Underwater Fishing Camera
- 7 inches LCD screen with video out. It is sunlight viewable with an integrated sun shield or protector.
- Built-in adjustable view fin to enable side and down viewing.
- Custom storage bag system which fits into a 5-gallon bucket.
- Includes a 12-volt, 7 amp rechargeable battery, and a charger.
- Includes a 50-feet integrated cable.
- The monitor is IP67 rated thus it is waterproof.
- The optics of the color CMOS camera is housed in the XD camera housing with a quick attachment system. It has also an adjustable IR lighting system.
Disadvantages of using the Aqua-Vu AV715c Underwater Fishing Camera
This underwater fishing camera does not have any on-screen information such as the depth and temperature of the water. Also, if you are fishing in a murky water, this product will not provide a clear fishing view.
On the other hand, the Aqua-Vu company offers top quality service with its client. The site has a live chat feature which enables the customers to receive immediate answers regarding their issues with the product.
This is also a good product for your money because of its screen, so don’t forget to check it now!
Boblov Underwater Fishing Video Camera
- 7″ TFT color monitor
- Removable sun visor to protect the monitor.
- HD resolution with 1,000 TV lines.
- 12 pieces infrared LED to enable night vision.
- IP68 waterproof
- Cold resistant, anti-pressing, and waterproof cable (30 meters)
- It can work on 20 to 60 degree Celsius temperature.
The package includes 7 inches TFT monitor, a camera with cable and wheel, and Lithium battery 4.5 AH that can be used for up to 10 hours. It also includes a set of a metal clip, user manual, carrying case, and a float. The product dimension is 9.1″ x 5.5″ x 7.9″ and it weighs about 4 pounds.
Just like other brands, the Boblov can be used in open fishing, lake fishing, ice fishing, snorkeling, and diving. The company also offers a one-year warranty on the parts of the product.
Cons of using the Boblov Underwater Fishing Video Camera
Some customers claim that the instructions are not clear particularly on how to properly charge the product. This is a good product for ice fishing, however, the images are not clear when the product is used in dirty waters.
As a verdict, this product is a recommended product for underwater fishing!
Eyoyo Underwater Fishing Video Camera
- Made of waterproof and durable material.
- Includes cold-resistant, pull-resistant, and waterproof 15 meters cable.
- 7″ TFT colored monitor
- Includes a sun protector/ sun visor
- HD 600 TV lines.
- IP68 waterproof
- 12 pcs white LED
- 4,500 mAH battery, 10 hours working time
- on-screen display, 800 x 480 pixels
- 90 mm x 55 mm camera with 1/3″ CMOS sensor
The product includes a 7″ monitor, camera with cable and wheel, lithium battery, charger, metal clip set, carry case made of aluminum, float, and a user manual. The package dimension is 9.2″ x 8.2″ x 5.2″ and it weighs about 3.5 pounds. Moreover, the product can operate in -20 degree to +60 degree Celsius temperature.
Cons of using the Eyoyo Underwater fishing video camera
The lights of the product are so bright that some of the particles underneath are flashing brightly. There are also some who have problems with the battery as it heats when charging. However, overall, the Eyoyo product is a must-try!
Gobing Fishing Finder
The Gobing brand fishing cameras are awesome too! It is lightweight and very convenient to bring in all of your fishing adventures. It can be operated in various language and surely users will love to have it.
Here are some of its main features:
Features of the Gobing Fishing Finder:
- LCD screen, 4.3 inches TFT, HD with 640 x 490 pixels
- 20-meters cables, cold resistant, pull-resistant, and waterproof
- 140-degrees wide angle lens, 6 pcs infrared LED for nighttime fishing
- Lithium battery, 2 pieces with 6 hours working period
- Sunshade cover
- 1 lux, minimum luminance
The product includes 4.3 inches LCD screen, a space bean fixed rope, HD waterproof lens, dual camera, rod magic tie, charger, stake out pole, and lithium battery. It has a dimension of 278 mm x 96 mm x 49 mm and it weighs about 230 grams.
Cons of Using the Gobing Fishing Finder
This product does not enable recording of the fishing experience underneath. It has a small screen too thus the viewing experience is limited. However, this is still a good product for its price thus check it now!
Innobay Professional Underwater Fishing Video Camera
- IP68 waterproof
- Camera designed as fish
- 12 pcs white LED, turn on and off cable
- 7 inches TFT monitor, colored. With 800 x 480 pixels.
- Sunshield screen cover
- 30-meter cable, cold-resistant, pull-resistant, and waterproof
- Color CDD, HD 1,000 TV lines
- 7 hours continuous battery usage. 4AH battery.
- Camera direction can be changed with the cable and iron ring.
- Comes with an aluminum box that measures 210 mm x 110 mm x 120 mm
Just like other brands, the Innobay Underwater Fishing Video Camera is not clear when used in murky waters. Its screen is also blurred when used under the direct sunlight. Overall, the Innobay product is one of the recommended tools for fishing!
Marcum VS825SD Underwater Fishing Camera with an 8-inch screen
Marcum Technologies is a brand of Rapala. Their products are proudly made in the United States. One of thirteen underwater fishing cameras is the VS825SD.
The goal of the Marcum Technologies is to create an ultimate underwater viewing tool to its customers. Thus, the VS825SD came into life as it can provide the highest definition of the viewscreen.
Features of the Marcum VS825SD
- 12 Voltage, 9 amperes battery with 3-stage auto-battery charger. It can run from 5 to 8 hours.
- 8-inches LCD screen which can provide 3 times brighter colors.
- 800 x 600-pixel resolution
- Can be used even in saltwater and it is totally waterproof.
- Can enable panning. The Panner can fit holes from 8-10 inches.
- LED lighting technology which can reduce the reflection of the particles for clearer and brighter underwater view.
- Premium Sony Color Optics and Darkwater lighting technology.
- Provides an on-screen information such as camera depth, camera direction, water temperature, and battery status.
- Sony Super HAD II CCD and 0.1 lux camera with 75′ Kevlar reinforced cable and stabilizer fin.
- Users can convert the measurements in metric and calibrate the product for saltwater or freshwater use.
The product includes a padded carry for easy transportation. The product dimension is 10″ x 10″ x 9.2″ and it weighs about 14.6 pounds only. The company provides a one-year warranty with the product.
Cons of using the Marcum VS825D
On the other hand, some customers claim that there are issues connecting to the Customer Service of Marcum whenever they got problems on the products. Some customers received a defective product or with missing parts and it takes time to receive a response from their customer representatives or they don’t get any response at all.
Second, there are some who have issues on orienting the camera when underwater. Third, the screen of the product does not also have a visor. Thus, without the visor, the information is hard to read especially during daylight.
However, overall, the Marcum VS825SD is a good unit and you should try it now!
PowMax Underwater WW-10 Fishing Camera
The PowMax Underwater fishing camera is also one of the best products today. The PowMax brand provides various home appliances and recreational tools such as the fishing cameras.
This is a great product to operate, read, and record. Check out its main features here:
Features of the PowMax WW-10 Fishing Camera
- 12-high power built-in white LED.
- 12 V DC monitor input voltage and 7 inches (960 x 480 pixels) display size.
- 6x cell Lithium battery that can be used for 7 hours. The indicator light will turn red when charging and it will turn green when it is full.
- 20-meter cable length. Weather-resistant, pull-resistant, and IP68 waterproof.
- Comes with a sunshade protector or cover.
- Enables recording through an SD card.
- It can be operated in 20 to 60 degree Celsius temperature, while its storage temperature must be in 30 to 80 degree Celsius.
- Lightweight, small size, and very convenient.
- Sony CCD 1000 TV lines HD Video Camera with 360-degree viewing mechanism and an on-screen display (OSD) menu.
The product includes a display screen, camera, power supply, battery, swim bladder, swim bladder ring, fishing rod accessories, 4G TF card, and a user manual. The product can support up to 32 G TF card for maximum recording.
The package dimension is 9″ x 8″ x 5.5″ and it weighs about 2 pounds. The DVR monitor box is made of aluminum. Furthermore, this product can be used for underwater fishing exploration, monitoring the aquaculture, ice fishing, lake fishing, or open fishing, diving, and snorkeling.
Vexilar FS800 Fish Scout Underwater Camera
The Vexilar Company is in Minneapolis, USA and they provide fishing cameras, apparels, sonar phones, and accessories. One of their 9 underwater cameras is the FS800 fish scout camera.
Features and Specifications of the FS800 Fish Scout Underwater Camera
- 7 inches color LCD monitor; 16:9 widescreen. The monitor resolution is 480 x 3 (RGB) x 234.
- 90-degree viewing angle and 420 lines are resolutions.
- Can operate on -22 to 150 Fahrenheit degrees.
- Can run for 9 hours on one battery charge.
- Complete underwater viewing system that has a color and black and white camera.
- Designed for ice fishing applications.
- Digital charger, 1 Amp, with protective soft pack case for carrying.
- Enclosed 12 Volt-9 amp hour battery in a rigid carrying case.
- Has a-SI TFT active matrix display, video out option, and auto gain control.
- Lux: Black and White.05.
The product also includes a cable which measures around 50 feet. The product dimension is 5.5″ x 0.8″ x 5.5″ and it weighs about 9.5 pounds. It has also a two-year warranty thus you’ll get a good deal out of your money. In addition, the system is already assembled and ready to use as you get it out of the box.
Cons of using the Vexilar FS800 Fish Scout Underwater
There are some customers who experience dissatisfaction is using the Vexilar FS800. First, Vexilar FS800 does not take images or record videos, so if you wish to record the sceneries, you need to attach a portable recorder at the back of the screen. Second, the camera does not display direction and you don’t have an idea which way the camera is facing. Third, the camera is not an effective tool at night.
However, the Vexilar Fs800 is a great product from a great company! Their customer service is excellent and you’ll have your queries answered immediately by their team. You can use it in open water and ice fishing.
Wosports Underwater Fishing Video Camera
- Includes a 15-meter cable
- IP68 waterproof camera and night vision.
- Has a built-in battery that can work 9 to 12 hours when fully charged.
- Removeable sunshield, protector.
- 92-degree camera lens.
- CMOS sensor.
- 1000 TV lines HD
- The camera has a fish design, also includes 12 high power and IR lights for camera light source.
- Enables video record and DVR function. With 4 GB card.
The package also includes an aluminum box which measures 210 mm x 110 mm x 120 mm and it weighs about 1.8 kilograms. This is a nice product for open fishing, lake fishing, and ice fishing.
Cons of using the Wosports Underwater Fishing Video Camera
The lights on the camera do not enable power off when used underwater. There are also some customers who have problems with the screen. But in totality, the Wosports is a great underwater fishing camera!
Final Words: Tips in Choosing the Right Underwater Fishing Cameras
Buying for an underwater fishing cameras can be overwhelming, especially if it’s your first time to do so. Thus, this tips will help you purchase the best fishing cameras for your next expedition.
First, check the maximum depth of your fishing cameras. Have a good idea of the depth of the water that you wish to reach and purchase a camera according to your need.
Second, choose a screen display around 3.5 inches to 8 inches. Big screens will help you see better the underwater conditions.
Third, the camera should be at least 420 TV lines for a better quality footage. Lastly, choose a camera that can capture footage even under worse light conditions.
These are some of the basic features to check in buying an underwater fishing camera, so make sure to remember them always.